BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Will they fit?

More
26 Aug 2022 23:30 - 26 Aug 2022 23:35 #244757 by FSEngine
Will they fit? was created by FSEngine
I have been looking for beige car seats for my 1997 JA22w build but have only found these unbranded "PU Leather Racing Seats Auto Universal." I wanted to know if they'd fit. The listing has the dimensions of the rails ( Ebay Listing ). To make them fit will I need different rails? I am not trying to break the bank haha and I'm going for beige seats mainly without using seat covers, if you have any leads. Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2022 23:35 by FSEngine. Reason: Added question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2022 20:07 #244767 by fordem
Replied by fordem on topic Will they fit?
I'd suggest starting by measuring the width of the existing space, because I have a sneaking suspicion that those seats are going to be too wide. It might also be a good idea to pay attention to the height - make sure with the seat back upright you have at least two~four inches clearance to the roof.

Once you have the "physical size" part of the equation resolved - you're going to need to fabricate some sort of mount bracket, and I hope you don't need frequent access to the rear seat area, because it's about to become a problem.

More
29 Aug 2022 18:51 #244777 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Will they fit?
    You will need seat subframe and universal rails to fit after market seats My seats are 21.5" at widest point fitted in a jb43 not sure if your ja22 is the same width internal body size 
Attachments:

More
02 Sep 2022 09:09 #244837 by FSEngine
Replied by FSEngine on topic Will they fit?
What are the measurements of your seat (mainly care about width) if you don't mind me asking?

More
03 Sep 2022 09:17 #244840 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Will they fit?
Here's size from manufacturer 

Any more questions just ask 

Jack 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: FSEngine

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds