BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Exhaust mod for the 3rd gen

More
28 Jul 2022 19:48 #244277 by Vandoni
My backbox is rusted to bits and was crumbling away, so i had it cut off (because of the rotten bolts that wouldn't budge), so now the car sounds a lot cooler but a bit annoying at the same time. The mechanic suggested getting a muffler from a bike, like a 1300 or something of the sort, but i don't want to spend a lot of money and was looking for the diameter of the pipes of a bike muffler. My jimny should have 40mm exhaust pipes, would a 51mm muffler be as big as a 1300's?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2022 20:53 #244278 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Exhaust mod for the 3rd gen
If you can make if fit I reckon a bike silencer would work. In the UK you can get a "cherry Bomb" for a car, again if you can weld and make if fit it would work.
I have a straight through rear silencer, but I had it custom made by an exhaust company. Not 100% sure what you are asking about the sizes, but my exhaust silencer uses a larger diameter pipe than the standard Jimny Exhaust.

​​​​​​

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
28 Jul 2022 20:54 #244279 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Exhaust mod for the 3rd gen
There's a chap called Tim Lambert that makes up a bolt on "sports" exhaust for the Jimny. You should be able to find them for sale on ebay. He's a regular on the Jimny Facebook groups.

More
29 Jul 2022 06:04 - 29 Jul 2022 06:05 #244283 by Vandoni
Replied by Vandoni on topic Exhaust mod for the 3rd gen
I was thinking about using a 51 mm exhaust, and thinking about it should be better flowing than stock, I don't wanna spend much so I think I'll just go with something from Amazon.
Also, would a cone filter get rid of the whistle that the stock filter generates at >3000 rpms and moderate speeds? I would like to make it sound a bit like an old rally car if it's possible
Last edit: 29 Jul 2022 06:05 by Vandoni.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds