BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Power steering box elbow

More
27 Jun 2022 14:08 #243857 by RogersJimmy
2002 Jimny. I have just bitten the bullet and bought a new elbow for the power steering return pipe that screws into the top of the steering box.  The old one was corroded and a struggle to remove, and the old flange nut threads have picked up and are beyond use.  However, the threads in the steering box look OK if a little shallow. The problem is that I cannot get the new flange nut started in the steering box threads. I am hoping someone has been here before and has some advice.  I don't want to force it and risk ruining my new £50 elbow.  Thank you, fingers crossed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds