BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New owner, electrical query

More
26 Jun 2022 15:35 #243837 by Stiggy82
Hi
Last week I got my first Jimny, a 2003 1.3 and I am smitten.

'Bob' as my daughter has christened him is in good condition overall but is a little bit of a project. One of the first issues was the dreaded green flashing 4x4 light as there is a huge vacuum leak on both sides. No problem, manual hubs it is.

While diagnosing the issue, we moved the fusebox to get to the solenoid. When we put it all back together, I jumped in to move the car and noticed the fuel pump didn't prime and then it wouldn't start. Turned over great but there was only half the lights on the dash and no start.

I wiggled the wires around the relays and all is was fine.

Did a bit of bumpy driving and all was fine. Drove another 40 miles on the road and then made a turn and it cut out. Again, lots of missing lights and wouldnt start.

Wiggled the wires and off I went.

Had a proper look just now and noticed that the obd port had power bit nothing would read the ECU.

Looked at the fusebox and noticed that a wire had loads of green copper residue and was loose.

Sure this is the cause of my issues but how do I fix it? There is green crusty stuff in the plug too
Pics to help

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds