BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

any recommendations for the transfer mounts replacement process?

More
24 May 2022 08:20 - 24 May 2022 08:24 #243432 by KitKat
Hi frinds,

I would like to any recommendations for the process to replace transfer mounts in home evariomnts,
without lift.
Will I have to completely down the transfer from the vehicle?
*Attached Image
Thank you for the advice and guidance
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 May 2022 08:24 by KitKat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2022 10:03 #243433 by sniper
Very simple job, you can do one bush at a time but the mounts are above the frame so very little risk of anything moving... Spray WD40 on the bolts a day or so before you do the job.... If you intended to do much off road or lane driving, I would consider steel transfer mounts, they are a bit of a weak point.

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: KitKat

More
24 May 2022 14:43 - 24 May 2022 14:44 #243440 by yakuza
do change the brackets to steel as Sniper says.,
But the so called heavy duty thru bolts with not particularly well fitted rubber bushings from various suppliers is probably the one modification I removed the fastest. noise, vibration, misalignment..

I went back to the original ones. Have seen others use machine mounts from hardware stores or self made that actually fit.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 24 May 2022 14:44 by yakuza.

More
24 May 2022 15:29 #243442 by KitKat
Thank you,
But for now i have the  suzuki oem mounts.
sniper:
Can i just remove one by screw out the nuts replace to new one, etc?
I will not have to pull out both residences?

More
24 May 2022 16:23 - 24 May 2022 16:27 #243443 by yakuza
loosen all three but with nuts still just on to get enough play so the brackets or mounts can be removed and changed. be careful not to damage the wires, there should be enough play in them to change the mounts. By lifting the transfer case with one hand you can replace the mounts with the other. make sure the car is on a safe jackstand and an extra one for safety.
make sure the new mounts are all in place with finger tight nuts before tightening it all down, and you should be ok.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 24 May 2022 16:27 by yakuza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KitKat

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds