BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

rear right fender/arch

More
23 May 2022 19:02 #243428 by 8ollins
I got in an accident with my 2007 Jimny yesterday. I am looking to repair it myself. I know all the parts I need are bolt-on/bolt-off and arent part of the main body or chassis (front arch, front wing, bumpers etc). The only one that I'm not sure about is the rear arch as I thought these were just plastic yet the metal arch below the plastic has been bent in a bit as well. From what I can see the rest of the car is fine and drives the same (other than the tracking). Just want to know what I can do about this rear arch/wing as it is also part of the main body if I'm not mistaken?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 May 2022 03:27 #243429 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic rear right fender/arch
If you think that the tracking is off I really think it would be a good precaution to get the straightness of the car confirmed professionally on a jig. As to repair of the rear wing it's possible that it might pull back to shape but that's not as easy as it sounds at home, or rather, if you are asking how to do it yourself you probably aren't equipped already so it will get expensive in tools. I really would be looking for a small independent body shop local to you who can assess or assist as needed.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds