BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Electrical triple problem.

More
14 Feb 2022 17:14 #241850 by Sharik
Hello. I'm battling rust at the end of Jimny. Today I had to go for the first time with a car and suddenly triple problem occured at the same time. 

Onboard clock died, radio is working erratic (sometimes it turning off for a moment then come back, I can't change radio station because it will restart itself) and my fuel gauge is not coming down after I shut off engine. It seems its showing proper amount of fuel, it went down a little after long ride. 

Can those things be connected? Everything worked good before. Ofc I didn touched any electrical stuff and working only at the rear of vihicle.

Jimny 1999 manual

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2022 17:54 #241851 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Electrical triple problem.
The fuel gauge shouldn't drop when the ignition is off, so that's fine. I think the radio and clock share the same fuse, so the issue is connected. I'd pull the radio out and check any connections there, as that is the part of the wiring that is most likely to have been tampered with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds