BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Steering stops

More
04 Feb 2022 22:11 #241702 by tomlil01
Steering stops was created by tomlil01
Hi,

Does the Jimny have "steering stops"?

Something like this:  Steering stops
I have fit some 235/75R15 tyres and I am getting rubbing only at full lock, so I was wondering whether there is some way to restrict the steering lock?

ThanksLee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2022 04:30 #241705 by Hughes
Replied by Hughes on topic Steering stops
Pretty much as far as I can work out the "stops" on the steering are when the bolts on back of the swivel hub hit on the axle. As crude as this sounds, it seems to work. I guess you could replace that bolt with a longer one and a spacer? I haven't looked that hard recently to see if it's possible.
I presume it's just rubbing on plastic with that size tyre? I have 215 75's and only just made the grade- a short operation with an angle grinder made sure I never will do. 

​​​​​

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds