BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Deciding on a Diff for a Daily Driver

More
11 Jan 2022 15:20 #241070 by Roger Fairclough
Sorry about that. I will assume that we are talking here about Quaifes or equivalent and air lockers.

Fitting a Quaife is the same as a standard diff. you remove the old diff, and fit the Quaife. There are no wires or pipes or any other extraneous bits and pieces. An air locker requires the fitting of a compressed air supply and that requires the fitting of a compressor which will require wiring up to an electric supply via a switch. ARB supply, at an extra cost, a suitable compressor, although a lot of people fit a better compressor which will double as a tyre inflator. The placement of the pipework in the diff. housing is fiddly and requires careful thought to ensure that you do not trap the pipe between the crown wheel and the axle casing. I suggest you buy the Jan. 2022 edition of 4x4 magazine. If you think that fitting a diff. is as easy as changing a clutch, you may change your mind after reading the article.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: LM42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Jan 2022 15:31 #241072 by Lambert
Yes it will be identical save for running the air feed line.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LM42

More
11 Jan 2022 16:03 #241073 by gv42
Thank you Lambert its for my 2013 jimny

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds