BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front shocks

More
17 Nov 2021 14:56 #240156 by Jambls
Front shocks was created by Jambls
Hi folks, I'm needing new front shocks after doing MudMaster, but I don't have a lift and all I can find at standard length are aftermarket brands. Which one should I go for, or are there some to avoid?
Ta

04 mode, nearly unmodified.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Nov 2021 15:27 #240158 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Front shocks
Monroe are very good as are KYB. The other alternative is something like trailmaster either comfort or sport but they are big body dampers and expensive especially as you would need all 4.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jambls

More
17 Nov 2021 17:25 - 17 Nov 2021 17:25 #240160 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Front shocks
Hi I can't recall any discussions about shocks to avoid, so I guess it's down to what features you want from them.
Monroe have always been good for me also, still are on my 2CV, now that's a car that works the dampers hard 
I have also had good results with Koni, my Jimny runs a set on the rear, fitted for towing. When the OEM fronts fail that's what I will fit again so they are all matched.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 17 Nov 2021 17:25 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jambls

More
18 Nov 2021 21:33 #240192 by Jambls
Replied by Jambls on topic Front shocks
Thanks for the help, monroe sound like just the ticket. Hopefully changing them won't be too bad, but we'll see.

04 mode, nearly unmodified.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds