BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Re:Jimnybits Rock and Tree sliders as Jacking points

More
06 Oct 2021 09:18 #239175 by Trakito1
Hello,
does anyone have the Jimnybits R&T sliders fitted on a Gen4? My LCV has gone to the dealers for it’s optional 2000-mile check and they refused to do the underbody inspection as the sliders were apparently in the way of their two-post lifter. 
I emailed Jimnybits to check if the sliders could be used. The reply was essentially yes in an emergency for a short time, but not for a prolonged period such as during a vehicle service. For this reason the options were: ask the dealer to use the four-post lift (they said No as this was only for MOTs and very busy), remove the sliders at every service. Not that difficult but, I’d rather not do that yearly. 
Question is, has anyone jacked up their Gen4 using the sliders? Any problems?

thank you
Marc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Oct 2021 09:40 #239176 by Lambert
Sounds like the dealership being difficult just to make a point to me, I can't imagine how the sliders mounting is really going to radically obstruct lifting on a 2 post.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Oct 2021 10:41 #239177 by Trakito1
I know. Although I don’t know the difference in placements of either 2 or 4 posted lifts, Jimnybits seems to, and wants caution. The dealership just gave me warning that if I left the sliders in place, and wanted to proceed with the service, I would need to sign a waiver of claims if any damage results.

• DisturbedJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Oct 2021 05:43 #239193 by DisturbedJimny
Replied by DisturbedJimny on topic Jimnybits Rock and Tree sliders as Jacking points
I agree with Lambert, sounds like they are just been difficult….I have the Jimnybits sliders on my Gen 4 and it has been up on 2 post lifts both at Suzuki and other garages, no one has ever mentioned them been in the way 

More
07 Oct 2021 08:03 #239194 by Soeley
My dealer didn't have an issue with mine, but don't know if they used 2 or 4 post lift. Neither did they comment on the Transfer box guard, nor any other add ons.

More
07 Oct 2021 08:39 #239195 by 300bhpton

Hello,
does anyone have the Jimnybits R&T sliders fitted on a Gen4? My LCV has gone to the dealers for it’s optional 2000-mile check and they refused to do the underbody inspection as the sliders were apparently in the way of their two-post lifter. 
I emailed Jimnybits to check if the sliders could be used. The reply was essentially yes in an emergency for a short time, but not for a prolonged period such as during a vehicle service. For this reason the options were: ask the dealer to use the four-post lift (they said No as this was only for MOTs and very busy), remove the sliders at every service. Not that difficult but, I’d rather not do that yearly. 
Question is, has anyone jacked up their Gen4 using the sliders? Any problems?

thank you
Marc

I'd write and complain to the dealership principle and to Suzuki. I'd then use a different dealer, but push Suzuki to get the underside inspection completed. As you don't want it coming back later down the line that it wasn't done.

There is no reason they couldn't inspect the vehicle. They could even have crawled under it while on the ground.

More
07 Oct 2021 08:58 #239196 by lookonimages
I will go to another dealer. it is BS

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
07 Oct 2021 11:08 - 07 Oct 2021 13:21 #239199 by Axholme Lion
I work at a dealership (not Suzuki) and in my considered opinion they are just being awkward. We wouldn't even comment on it. They either want the work or they don't.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2021 13:21 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
09 Oct 2021 18:17 #239254 by Trakito1
Thanks for all the replies. I’ll speak to the dealer’s service manager. I do have a 3 year service pack, I’m not too sure if it can be used at other dealerships.

More
10 Oct 2021 05:45 - 10 Oct 2021 16:58 #239263 by lookonimages
a dealer saying their four post lift to busy and only for MOT is crazy. how long does it take to do an underbody inspection..

this dealer don't want to work. he is giving you the most BS reasons. He is giving you a runaround and clearly trying it on with you.

geeze man just stand your ground. this is the most lame excuses from the dealer.

in South Africa I can take my jimny to any suzuki dealer. here the contract is not with a specific dealer but with "Suzuki South Africa" and that is really nice. I cannot see that your contract limit you to only that dealer.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2021 16:58 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
10 Oct 2021 09:27 #239272 by Roger Fairclough
In the UK an MoT testing station must have a specific 4 post lift that is for testing only. The area around the lift is marked off, usually with a painted white line. Once the lift is installed it is checked to see that it is level and the area around it complies with ministry specs.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds