BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Key nembers on locks?

• AYJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 12:07 #237887 by AYJimny
Key nembers on locks? was created by AYJimny
I've been in touch with Rhinoman about sorting out my immobiliser problem. I also need to obtain a key that will lock and unlock my doors and can be coded to my immobiliser.
Rhinoman has suggested I ask here about whether the key number can be found on one of the lock barrels of the car, which is a 2000 hardtop with the early, non-remote central locking by key.
If I can find a key number, I can get one cut online and send it off with my ECU/Immobiliser to Rhinoman for coding.
Anyone know if and where to look for a key number? I'd rather not pay the outrageous prices the nearest Suzuki dealer wants.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 13:15 #237889 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Key nembers on locks?
Often on the driver's door cylinder, strangely not on the ignition barrel. That is of course providing you have an original matched set of locks. Chris.

• AYJimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Aug 2021 13:48 - 26 Aug 2021 21:37 #237891 by AYJimny
Replied by AYJimny on topic Key nembers on locks?
Thanks Chris, I'll take a look there after work. I've no idea, but no reason to believe they are not an original matched set.

HaHaHa :D I just realised, I wrote nembers, not numbers, Doh! Still got a helpful reply though.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2021 21:37 by AYJimny. Reason: noticed typo

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds