BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

exhaust downpipe

More
25 Jul 2021 16:32 #236963 by mag
exhaust downpipe was created by mag
Hi

My downpipe is leaking where it goes into the cat , the weld all way round has gone , think i hit it when out last week , rattles and squeaks all the time now , can it be welded round the seam or is it just easier to replace it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2021 18:02 - 25 Jul 2021 18:05 #236966 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic exhaust downpipe
I think it's actually a common failure point. Pipe into front of CAT fails at the weld. Yes it can be welded and  you may get a few more years, but if you can't weld it yourself may be cheaper in the long term to just fit a new CAT section. They are not too expensive, circa £60 -£90 last time I looked. Mine failed in exactly the same way and even though I have the welder I didn't fancy welding on my back. As I needed to remove to weld I simply got a new one and fitted that.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 25 Jul 2021 18:05 by Scimike.

More
25 Jul 2021 19:59 #236970 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic exhaust downpipe
One of the cats has just gone on my other car, so bought a BM pipe and cat from eBay, they have arrived, not fitted yet, but look really good. Anyway, I checked the price for a Jimny, the front pipe/cat goes from the manifold joint all the way to the joint for the back box, they are £54. I was tempted at that price to change the Jimny, except everything will be seized.

I am not sure if Martin sells the genuine Suzuki part in the shop, if it is not much more you might want the genuine article, if not have a look at B M Catalytic Converters, they seem to be made in the UK and I like the look of it.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
23 Aug 2021 21:52 #237827 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic exhaust downpipe
Buy a new one is the best long-term solution.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds