BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis

More
11 Jul 2021 09:14 #236583 by Dirtbird

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2021 21:10 - 12 Jul 2021 21:33 #236643 by Dirtbird
Groundhog day 
Got the G13BB lifted today 

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jul 2021 21:33 by Dirtbird. Reason: SPELLING

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jul 2021 03:20 #236647 by Lambert
It's a lot easier when you have done it before!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
15 Jul 2021 15:16 #236705 by Dirtbird
Now facing into the reconstruction cant decide what to do with the chassis after I clean it. I'll make up my mind soon enough.

More
24 Jul 2021 17:16 - 24 Jul 2021 17:18 #236929 by Dirtbird
Down to the Chassis, today boiling in the shed. 

Going to need some advice on how to open and remove these black clips that hold the fuel and brake lines together I want to reuse them . 

Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2021 17:18 by Dirtbird.

More
24 Jul 2021 17:49 #236931 by facade

Going to need some advice on how to open and remove these black clips that hold the fuel and brake lines together I want to reuse them . 

When I did my fuel & brake lines I had this idea that I could open them up and get the pipes out- they are too brittle. I ended up cutting the pipes into small sections and sliding them out one at a time (along the pipe, not across it). The clips did click over the new pipe though- mostly.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
24 Jul 2021 18:23 #236932 by Dirtbird
Hey Facade thanks. Right my pipes are all ok as the Jinmy was driving up to 2 weeks ago. ok im trying to keep em but i heard you that they are brittle.

More
25 Jul 2021 06:26 #236942 by facade
I would change them if they are the ones in the last picture! They are easy to change with the body off, a right pain with it on.

Use copper alloy tubing, the only thing to watch is suzuki brake pipe fittings are short and threaded right to the ends, the more common type have no threads for the first 5mm, so only screw in a couple of turns.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
26 Jul 2021 13:55 - 26 Jul 2021 13:59 #237000 by Dirtbird

So after about 19 days and not all full days, I have 2 Jimnys separated and a chassis about to go to the shot blaster and with a bit of luck start the reassembly end of the week. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jul 2021 13:59 by Dirtbird.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jul 2021 17:52 #237007 by Lambert
Excellent work, just demonstrates how effective determination is to getting a result.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Jul 2021 18:28 #237011 by Dirtbird
Thanks, Lambert.

• Godskitchen
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2021 10:14 #237029 by Godskitchen
Replied by Godskitchen on topic BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis
Excellent work, fair play. Where abouts in Ireland are you? 

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds