BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

BODY SWAP a 2004 M13A onto a 1999 G13BB chassis

More
03 Jul 2021 17:13 - 04 Jul 2021 05:26 #236356 by Dirtbird
Right there are a number of expert-level members on here and many I suspect are mechanics and have worked in the trade.
The M13A JLX I bought in Scotland is really what I wanted and the 1999 G13 is what I settled for registered here in Ireland and has been under a set of spanners since it came home.

I'm so irritated with the  G13BB1999  that I'm thinking of swapping the M13A onto the G13BB 1999 chassis .

Anyone done anything like this before and would it work. The M13A central locking ABS engine only had 41000km on it and everything was on the button.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2021 05:26 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Jul 2021 05:32 #236371 by Lambert
If you have a donor car then yes it's possible. It is however quite a lot of work as you are reshelling every major component and system. I would suggest looking through the build section using the search tool as I'm sure it has been done on here some time ago.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
04 Jul 2021 08:51 #236379 by Dirtbird
Lambert thanks ok will start digging. Thanks again..

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
05 Jul 2021 12:10 #236412 by Dirtbird
Lambert thanks started the swap today

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
05 Jul 2021 12:34 #236414 by Lambert
Cool. Keep us posted.

More
05 Jul 2021 20:52 #236438 by Dirtbird
Well, let's see if I can make a job of this. Making it lighter.

Attachments:

More
07 Jul 2021 16:43 - 07 Jul 2021 17:46 #236499 by Dirtbird
  Nice bit of progress, hand brake disconnected, gearbox and high and low transfer box sensor connectors removed, steering column unbolted, still have to do the fuel tank. 

Sorted out driver side floor that got damaged with the tractor when I lowered the jeep off its side the time i used the bale handler to lift the jeep onto its side. What a muppet anyway.  Timber prop got wedged under the floor as the weight of the jeep came down on it. 
So two pices of flat one under the floor braced bewtween cross member and transfer box chassis mount . Tightened the bolt and pulled the plates together leveling the driver side floor .Highlight of the day really.  

Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Jul 2021 17:46 by Lambert. Reason: Swearing. Please remember this is a family friendly forum.

More
08 Jul 2021 19:56 - 08 Jul 2021 20:21 #236538 by Dirtbird
Getting there 

Pulled the rad. Will be buying a new one.

Slow day, got the fuel tank disconnected didn't attempt the bolts at filler cap end, broke the wire clamp, got all the all electrics, the two brake banjos on the chassis between the engine and the bulkhead, the sensor switch from the catalytic converter, the transfer box sensor, 

Now this works but puts a strain on the seat belt bolt location.

Good idea to take off the gearbox , gear stick.

Though this was the speedo cable now i think its the clutch cable  this is from the bullk head drivers  

This is where it goes in at the gear box end 

Found the answer here www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Clutch_replacement
this is what ill be doing in the morning.

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Jul 2021 20:21 by Dirtbird.

More
09 Jul 2021 21:34 - 09 Jul 2021 22:05 #236564 by Dirtbird
Clutch cable out and ABS lines off. Tricky but not impossible

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2021 22:05 by Dirtbird.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
10 Jul 2021 03:41 #236565 by Lambert
Good progress, you will be on the road within the fortnight at this rate! Is the workshop yours or borrowed?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

More
10 Jul 2021 16:30 #236571 by Dirtbird
Lambert, mine, built it in 2006 as I was building my house. Had lived in London for 6 years in the 1990s and was always out on the street under some Landrover in the wet and promised myself Id build a decent shed if I ever got the money together.

More
10 Jul 2021 16:38 - 10 Jul 2021 16:47 #236572 by Dirtbird
Good day today started on the G13 much faster progress pics below.

Last edit: 10 Jul 2021 16:47 by Dirtbird.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds