BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2005 Jimny 02: Won't start, driving me insane!

• Flynny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2021 18:54 - 30 Jun 2021 18:56 #236262 by Flynny
Hi peeps

Please forgive my ignorance, i'm new to forums!

So I have a 2005 O2 Jimny with a full service history and 67k on the clock, it's been great fun and really reliable until now....

It was working fine and then wasn't started for maybe 3-6 weeks, still had battery power fuel etc and turns over but refuses to start. 
I've changed both the CAM sensor and the crank sensor after reading these were common faults, no change. 
It doesn't spark and as far as I can make out the fuel pump isn't engaging either (after turning over for 30secs to 1min there is no wiff of petrol in the engine bay in the slightest) even if you crack the fuel injector feed line, nothing. 
Bearing in mind the above i'm assuming that it could be the immobiliser? 

Would really appreciate a steer of what to do/where to go next with it please :)

Last edit: 30 Jun 2021 18:56 by Flynny. Reason: Forgot to tick box below

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Jun 2021 19:21 #236263 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. When you turn on the ignition do you have a solid yellow padlock symbol or does it flash? Flashing is an immobiliser issue. Do you have a second key?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Flynny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jun 2021 21:49 #236270 by Flynny
Cheers, nope no padlock light, tried the second key too, same issue. ??

More
02 Jul 2021 19:54 #236317 by Dirtbird
In the same boat as you Flynny try disconecting the battery and tip the + and - together to get the last out of the circuit and give it 30 mins and try again.
Im off to he shed now . J

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
03 Jul 2021 13:01 #236341 by Dirtbird
Well, scratch that off the troubleshooting list as not working as a fix.

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

• Podge
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jul 2021 13:39 #236343 by Podge
I've a scan tool and a Suzuki app if that's any use to you

More
03 Jul 2021 15:32 - 03 Jul 2021 15:32 #236349 by Dirtbird
Podge where are you in Ireland.

Last edit: 03 Jul 2021 15:32 by Dirtbird.

• Flynny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jul 2021 13:01 #236525 by Flynny
Thanks for the offer fella, sorry I'm in England

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds