BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Steering leak ?

More
10 Jun 2021 18:37 #235701 by Judder
Steering leak ? was created by Judder

Just about to do an oil change and noticed this big bolt is dripping wet. Looks like oil, but as it’s below the steering box, I’m assuming it’s leaking. I’ll investigate further at the weekend.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2021 07:42 #235708 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Steering leak ?
Just doing mine too… on mine it’s the right angled pipe shown at the bottom of this photo -

(so on the top of the steering box on the car)

Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2021 21:21 #235738 by Judder
Replied by Judder on topic Steering leak ?
Looks like mine is leaking from the bottom as it’s dry everywhere else. I assume it’s just the 3 bolts to remove it.
Anyone doing a rebuild kit or exchange service of these ?

More
12 Jun 2021 23:31 #235750 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Steering leak ?
I haven't found any such service. Or a video or how-to service the box other than for other makes or more general. Seems that it is not possible or profitable.
Please correct me if I am wrong!

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
14 Nov 2021 20:02 #240128 by Judder
Replied by Judder on topic Steering leak ?
So I'm just getting round to taking this off the car to be sent away for refurbishment but have hit a stumbling block. 
Seems I can't get 2 of the mounting bolts off without taking off the radiator mounting brackets. Is the bracket an easy remove ? I've removed  one bolt which was a bit awkward and I can see another one before it got dark and started raining. Does this sound right ? I was hoping to get it sent this weekend. 
Thanks. 

More
17 Nov 2021 23:41 - 17 Nov 2021 23:43 #240165 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Steering leak ?
I had my radiator out when I changed the engine. No hassle as I can remember. Two bolts each side and maybe a bracket for pipes and the clutch wire. 

Will you get the the worm gear changed as well?
My box got so much play now. Worn out.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 17 Nov 2021 23:43 by yakuza.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds