BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny 2017 ring and pinion

• ZblackliZard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2021 19:48 #235594 by ZblackliZard
Jimny 2017 ring and pinion was created by ZblackliZard
Hello guys,
I've been struggling with this for a while now and it's getting really frustrating. I have a 2017 suzuki jimny 1.3l non vvt auto with electronic transfer case (front axle is HP)
Now after a lottt of research I manaaged to find out that the ring and pinion of the jdm 0.7l turbo jimny (jb23) could fit in my jimny (ratio 5.37).
Can someone confirm? What year should I look for as some model of the 1.3l jimny came with low pinion on the front (pre 2003 I think?) I have no idea when it comes to the jb23 (where they all high pinion, all low pinion, is there a spilt year?)
Also what other thing should I look for will the ring and pinion (from the jb23) fit my carrier? (front and rear of course)
And most importantly WHERE CAN I FIND A PAIR OF RING AND PINION? (I would be really grateful to anyone who could give me a provider's contact info that speaks english, french or arabic)
Any info on the matter (or link) would be really helpful!
Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
04 Jun 2021 03:27 #235596 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny 2017 ring and pinion
Welcome to the forum.

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php/Tra...ssion_gearing_ratios

I don't know if you have seen this or not from the information section on the top banner. Unfortunately I am not familiar enough with the jdm ones to know which are high or low pinion.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• ZblackliZard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2021 10:36 #235599 by ZblackliZard
Replied by ZblackliZard on topic Jimny 2017 ring and pinion
Thanks that's a great chart. I still need to find out if it's a direct swap. But most importantly I really need a provider!

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds