BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

transfer box alignment

• tech type
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 May 2021 19:47 #235255 by tech type
transfer box alignment was created by tech type
Hi, my standard rear prop shaft went recently at the front joint. I have replaced the shaft and it is working OK, but I wanted to check there is no underlying cause which might cause excessive wear on the new one. I checked the standard transfer box mounts and brackets and they seem OK. Is there any way in which the transfer box can become misaligned? ie any adjustment or any way to check it alligned correctly? To my eye it looks angled downwards, but maybe that is standard. (bog standard 2003 jimny with very light offroad use). Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 May 2021 05:43 #235258 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic transfer box alignment
Welcome to the forum. If you are in any doubt about the bushes then I would suggest replacing them they are cheap enough and not a big job to change. Other than that the only other thing that would affect the propshaft angle would be the condition of the suspension. If it is original then regardless of mileage it will have settled by now and that will alter the normal running angle of the propshaft BUT it should be able to cope with that without any ill effect. As long as it's all running smoothly and quietly I wouldn’t be too concerned.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech type

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds