BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

M13A hot misfire/stalling

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2021 09:20 #235227 by Wuzie123
M13A hot misfire/stalling was created by Wuzie123

Hey, 

I have a 2003 M13A, when it gets hot 1/2 way up the dash scale it quickly starts misfiring and won’t take any throttle. Usually at low speed... being that it is built for comp driving it never goes that fast, I have installed a secondary fan to cool the engine on a switch and have just changed the coils leads and plugs with no change. It has a fault code for both lamders heating circuit but they read (normally on obd scanner) 

I’m thinking of just changing out the lamders anyway but anyone got anywhere else to look or ideas? 

side note... car ran fine before I changed the engine after spinning a big end bearing in the last one it was disconnected from the chassis harness at the engine connector so fault must lie in the engine I recon.

any ideas would be great fully accepted as I’m stuck...

Doug

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 May 2021 11:11 - 20 May 2021 11:26 #235228 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic M13A hot misfire/stalling
I would suggest crankshaft sensor behind the alternator. If you squirted water on it and it behaves it self then that's the culprit.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 20 May 2021 11:26 by Lambert. Reason: Predictive text

More
20 May 2021 11:11 #235229 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic M13A hot misfire/stalling
Sounds like classic Crank sensor overheating or coil packs?
Have a read of this
www.bigjimny.com/forum/7-jimny-technical...ankshaft-sensor.html

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Wuzie123
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2021 11:30 #235230 by Wuzie123
Replied by Wuzie123 on topic M13A hot misfire/stalling
Changed the coils and leads and plugs will try the cold water trick like it says in the thread. Thanks for linking it.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds