BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Rattle sound going in-between 3.5 k and 4k RPM

• Jimnycv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2021 10:17 #239042 by Jimnycv
Hi Lambert,

Thanks for the quick response!
Before filming I removed the exhaust heat shield on the top right side of the engine, the one with a hole for the spark plug, só it is not this one. Might there be another shield under that I’m not seeing?

I’m going to try and find a workshop manual so I can understand better each part.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jimnycv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2021 10:20 #239043 by Jimnycv
Hello! Thanks for the response.
I’ll try and get to a workshop pit so that I can see under and try to understand.

Thanks!

• Jimnycv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Oct 2021 11:18 #239044 by Jimnycv
Didn’t even know they existed. Won’t find one here, but definately worth remembering when travelling abroad.

Thanks!

More
28 Jun 2022 17:46 #243878 by Stainless
Our 2006 Jimny petrol auto had an engine-speed dependent rattle from underneath the front half of the vehicle. We lifted the Jimny and ventured underneath, while the throttle pedal was depressed, until the rattling started. It was the heat-shield surrounding the catalytic converter, which had rusted at its bolted-up joints, and broken loose. Luckily the stainless steel cat itself was ok, and a new hand-made heat shield stopped the rattle.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds