BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Dashboard screw covers - which way to lever

More
09 May 2021 14:15 - 09 May 2021 14:18 #234934 by Scimike
Hi All,I have Standard Jimmy rattle number 1769 - Dashboard screws are loose.
So these covers, how do you break lever these off, from side, top bottom etc.
I have had an initial go and they aren't moving with what I consider to be enough force to be at the breaking threshold.
 Appreciate any feedback or pointers and am aware I probably just need to man up and go at them with a larger screwdriver.
Ta 
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 May 2021 14:18 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 May 2021 15:27 #234935 by Lambert
Lift them up towards the screen by the edge nearest you. They are only on formed clips on the sides on Dreadnaught. I use the small screwdriver blade on my leatheman.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
09 May 2021 15:51 #234936 by Roger Fairclough
Personally I would use a trim removing tool as that is what they are designed for. Sets are available on the web.

If you are pressed for time a broad bladed screwdriver will be better than a narrow blade as it spreads the load.

And yes, you need to use more force than you might imagine.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
09 May 2021 16:30 #234941 by Scimike
Thanks chaps,
Trim tool on order (good idea) and a new sense of determination aimed at the front edge will be applied.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds