BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G13BB cam sensor housing(?) oil leak

• originalusername
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2021 17:12 #234528 by originalusername
G13BB cam sensor housing(?) oil leak was created by originalusername
I'll be upfront about this: I don't have a Jimny.
I've got a 2001 Swift, but it has the G13BB engine (used in 98-03 Jimny, according to wikipedia), and I've seen the most support for that engine in these forums, so I thought I'd give it an ask.
I'm not sure how much the pictures will help, but there is a small oil leak towards the top of the engine, and I think it's the camshaft sensor housing (from what research I've done online). I haven't taken anything apart to look yet, but it seems that the most common cause is the o-ring.
Thought I'd check for advice before potentially wasting time trying to fix something that isn't the cause
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sick Nick
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2021 13:16 #234543 by Sick Nick
Replied by Sick Nick on topic G13BB cam sensor housing(?) oil leak
That's where mine was leaking. It's not a big job.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds