BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Ignition key info

More
13 Apr 2021 06:02 #234428 by Old Neil
Ignition key info was created by Old Neil
On the 2003 jimny original key did it have remote door unlocking button as well as security?

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2021 17:02 #234448 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Ignition key info
Some models got the reciever for the Key remote, others do not.
Depending on markets or year model. Your local Suzuki dealer/shop could get a new key for you, mine did but my car had no reciever for the locking so I put an aftermarket ebay system and hooked it up to the lock/unlock button on the driver door panel.

All got a small chip inside to unlock the immobilizer except a few old jimny gen3 in developing countries.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds