BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Body lift

More
30 Mar 2021 18:09 - 30 Mar 2021 18:14 #234128 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Body lift
Still not sure.
The location of the plug is fixed under the battery box due to one lead being very short, it's only just out of the wiring loom. The other side that plugs in heads south, vanishing below the steering tube. It's impossible to move as it's clipped to the body work, so not sure what happens after this. Hope you can see it better in this photo. The black insulation tape wrapped  cable is the one, this is looking down towards the steering tube.
Cable colours look different to yours, this is a 2009 model. If it's this plug I'll try and follow it at the weekend if that's ok. It's an under the Jimny job to follow any further  and I don't have much time after work during the week.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Mar 2021 18:14 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2021 18:44 #234129 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Body lift
Hi Scimike,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

It is a very short wire just out of the harness indeed.  If you are having a look at the weekend, I'd be keen to find out if you can see it going anywhere.

I had a look back at my collection of pictures I took before fitting the body back on and couldn't see anything on the engine.  I specifically took pics of all the electrical connectors so that I had an idea of where they were and how many pins, but didn't take pics of the body ones as I didn't think about checking there were equal amounts.  I should have done a better job of cataloguing and lablelled them all as pairs before I disconnected them really.  Ah well, too much haste.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

More
31 Mar 2021 18:34 - 31 Mar 2021 18:35 #234150 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Body lift
Had a bit of time tonight to play follow the wire, and it's one slippery customer. It's fixed down at every opportunity and makes it way to_
the driver's side ABS sensor.
Ok not 100% sure it's the driver's side, but it's one of two identical cables making its way to the front axle along with the vacuum pipes.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 18:35 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY, Mike G

More
31 Mar 2021 19:19 - 31 Mar 2021 20:54 #234151 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Body lift

Scimike wrote: the driver's side ABS sensor.

Mike

Mike, you're absolutely correct.  I totally forgot about the ABS.  I have the hubs off at the minute and never bothered connecting up the ABS for moving the jimny from the shed.  I just went out to have a look at the connectors and confirmed.  Your cable tracing skills are spot on!

Just for information, both the ABS sensors on the front are connected to the same plug.  Probably why there's 4 pins in the plug, signal and zero volts for each.

Feel like a bit of an idiot now tho 

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Last edit: 31 Mar 2021 20:54 by Mike G.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds