BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Body lift

More
29 Mar 2021 15:24 #234099 by Mike G
Body lift was created by Mike G
Hi all,

I've been spending today cleaning and reconnecting electrical harness connections in the engine bay, but there's one plug, just under where the battery tray goes that's left.

Does anyone know what this one plugs into or where it should go?

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
29 Mar 2021 15:43 #234100 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Body lift
Not sure. I have a few redundant ones on Dreadnaught that could be to do with an auto trans or something market specific. But equally I don't do electrics.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
29 Mar 2021 15:59 #234102 by Mike G
Replied by Mike G on topic Body lift
Hi Lambert,

I don't think it's redundant as I checked the contacts and they look quite clean, as does the sealed portion of the plug.

I should have added that I have an M13 engine as it's a 2007 Jimny.  

I did think it might be something to do with the A/C system, but it's the wrong side of the engine for that.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

More
29 Mar 2021 16:26 #234105 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Body lift
Is it this one -

Easier to see with no inner wings! :lol:

Single wire from this goes off to the power steering pump top...?
Attachments:

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
29 Mar 2021 17:38 - 29 Mar 2021 17:38 #234109 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Body lift
Looks like the plug for the vac hub solenoid, which is located on the wing below the battery.

Its the one you bridge the pins to fool the 4x4 ecu into thinking the vac hubs are working when fitting manual hubs ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 29 Mar 2021 17:38 by Riccy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: X8GGY

More
29 Mar 2021 17:41 #234110 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Body lift
Ah... I'm on the wrong side! :lol:

More
29 Mar 2021 18:19 - 29 Mar 2021 18:22 #234112 by Mike G

Riccy wrote: Looks like the plug for the vac hub solenoid, which is located on the wing below the battery.Its the one you bridge the pins to fool the 4x4 ecu into thinking the vac hubs are working when fitting manual hubs ;-)

Hi Riccy,I did think that but the vac hub solenoid is plugged in. This connector is not far from the bulkhead.  Actually, the loom that comes through the bulkhead is where it's located, just as it goes under the battery tray, just before the vac solenoid area.  It doesn't have much slack on it, so I'm puzzled as to what connects to it.  You can see in the pics that the mystery connector is just under the leg of the fusebox and the solenoid connector is connected (each pic is a different connector for clarity).  I'm stumped as I can't remember disconnecting it.

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Mar 2021 18:22 by Mike G.

More
29 Mar 2021 18:20 #234113 by Mike G

X8GGY wrote: Is it this one -

Nope, not that one. 

More
29 Mar 2021 18:35 #234114 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Body lift
I can see one at the front of the battery box: 

And one at the rear under battery box near servo.

Any help? Can look again when it's light.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2021 18:39 #234115 by Mike G

And one at the rear under battery box near servo.

Looks like the second one near the servo to me.  If you know where that's connected, that would help me greatly.  No rush tho.  I'm inside now with a cup of tea 

More
29 Mar 2021 19:03 - 29 Mar 2021 19:03 #234116 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Body lift
So am I, cup of tea time
If no one goes "ta dah" with the answer between now and tomorrow evening I will take a better look for you.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 29 Mar 2021 19:03 by Scimike.

More
29 Mar 2021 19:06 #234117 by Mike G
Thanks very much.  I've plenty to keep myself busy with until then.  Otherwise, I'll have to just see what doesn't work when I eventually get it back to a running state. 

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds