BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Engine intermittent cut out

More
24 Feb 2021 05:04 #233187 by Old Neil
I still have a problem with a intermittent engine cut out on my G13BB I've asked the question before but now i have more info i have fitted a air fuel ratio meter i can see when engine cuts out it go's off the scale leen so it's sounding like the fuel is cutting out anyone got suggestions or experience in this only happens very intermittently

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Feb 2021 05:25 #233188 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Engine intermittent cut out
If its leaning out then you have 2 main alternatives either too much air or not enough fuel. Sounds like you are going to have to start at the beginning of each system and follow it through checking as you go. Unfortunately I don't know the g series well enough to point at an exact issue. Work methodically and include the vacuum and ecu systems.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Feb 2021 08:45 #233192 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Engine intermittent cut out
2 things that usually cause intemittent cut outs:
A faulty lambda sensor will send duff signals to the ecu and the ecu will pause momentarily before reverting to a default fuel map. This will normally produce an error code.
The cam or crank position sensor (cam sensor on your particular model) The engine relies on the signal to know the speed and position of the engine. When the signal stops or is interrupted the ecu assumes the engine has stopped so cuts fuel and ignition. This doesn't leave an error code.

More
24 Feb 2021 10:18 #233202 by Old Neil

Busta wrote: 2 things that usually cause intemittent cut outs:
A faulty lambda sensor will send duff signals to the ecu and the ecu will pause momentarily before reverting to a default fuel map. This will normally produce an error code.
The cam or crank position sensor (cam sensor on your particular model) The engine relies on the signal to know the speed and position of the engine. When the signal stops or is interrupted the ecu assumes the engine has stopped so cuts fuel and ignition. This doesn't leave an error code.

Thanks Busta but I've replaced both G13BB only has cam angle sensor can electrical relays give intermittent faults is there one for fuel injection what is the wire colour code i don't have access to manual now

More
24 Feb 2021 10:29 #233204 by Roger Fairclough
I had an intermittent cut out problem on my Gen.4 and eventually traced it it over filling the fuel tank.

Roger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
01 Mar 2021 10:14 #233367 by Old Neil
Might be getting a bit closer to sorting engine surging when i leave battery disconnected for a while it resets and runs well for about 30 to 40kms then back it's old tricks that rules out a vacuum leek I'm guessing somthins going out of range?
I thought i fixed it before when immobilizer packed it in but i had battery disconnected when i rearranged the wiring

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds