BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Fuel Pump Removal G13BB Jimny 1999 JLX

More
22 Feb 2021 18:07 #233109 by HUN
Might help something.

photos.app.goo.gl/XgH32B9L8ZYMbEJw9

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Feb 2021 00:13 #233120 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Fuel Pump Removal G13BB Jimny 1999 JLX
Thanks Hun, Pics look nice and clear. Hope they will help, they have helped raise the anxiety but Im still going to try and get to it without breaking parts. The plastic outer casing for the fuel pump will be expensive if I need to change it. Maybe Suzuki might sell a whole drop in assembly (at a price), but first thing is to remove it and assess it.

Prob get a Bosch or Goss pump if all goes ok , I have the fuel line disconnect tool picked it up yesterday $6.70 AUD.

• Owl
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2021 08:34 #236658 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Fuel Pump Removal G13BB Jimny 1999 JLX
Gday All.  I ended up cutting a square piece out of the rear floor directly above the fuel pump. I used a drill nibbler and tin snips on the corrugated areas. Was quick and easy.  Replaced fuel pump.  Made a hinged door with rubber on the edges to take up any low spots and keep dust out. Turned out to be a neat job. Put the flooring back in and all is well. 

I had been banging on for a couple years about an intermittent idle fluctuation, occasional stalling ,  loss of power, on an intermittent basis. Drove me nuts.  It was the fuel pump.  I've driven at least 2000kms around town and some highway and its all stable. The old fuel pump test when done was within range when I tested it yet it was a weak pump that showed up as an intermittent fault no check engine light.  Only took a couple years to find that one.   

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds