BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Des Sol 50mm lift kit - Negatives?

• Groenewald
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Feb 2021 08:09 - 01 Feb 2021 08:19 #232395 by Groenewald
Des Sol 50mm lift kit - Negatives? was created by Groenewald
Hi Guys,

I am looking at one of the Des Sol 50mm lift kits:

Des Sol Kit Details

What are the negatives regarding fitting one of these kits?

As far as I can see the following angles will change:
  • Drive Shafts
  • Steering attachment.
I am looking at this kit because I want to fit upgraded shocks (Gabriel HDPs) and the price for the shocks to replace the standard ones on the Jimny is give or take R8000. The full kit is about R12 000.

The kit comes with HDP shocks (maybe a bit longer because of the lift).

Another question: If I just replace the standard shocks with the heavier duty Gabriels, how much of an improvement will it be in terms of ride quality and offroad handling/comfort?

HDP from the lift kit next to a standard shock:

Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 08:19 by Groenewald.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2021 09:48 #232396 by saxj

Groenewald wrote: Hi Guys,

Des Sol Kit Details

• Drive Shafts
  • Steering attachment.
I am looking at this kit because I want to fit upgraded shocks (Gabriel HDPs) and the price for the shocks to replace the standard ones on the Jimny is give or take R8000. The full kit is about R12 000.

Another question: If I just replace the standard shocks with the heavier duty Gabriels, how much of an improvement will it be in terms of ride quality and offroad handling/comfort?

The Des Sol kit includes everything you need to bring all of the angles back within spec, and a high clearance cross member, which also doesn't reduce ground clearance like others do. Alignment will sort out the steering.

The only negative that I can find is the amount of money you will spend on petrol and trail fees. You won't want to stop driving it.
The 

More
01 Feb 2021 15:36 #232398 by lookonimages

saxj wrote:

Groenewald wrote: Hi Guys,

Des Sol Kit Details

• Drive Shafts
  • Steering attachment.

The Des Sol kit includes everything you need to bring all of the angles back within spec, and a high clearance cross member, which also doesn't reduce ground clearance like others do. Alignment will sort out the steering.

The only negative that I can find is the amount of money you will spend on petrol and trail fees. You won't want to stop driving it.
The 

Plus 1.

Best ever investment.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds