BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Tough these Jimnys

More
26 Dec 2020 21:15 - 26 Dec 2020 21:21 #231218 by Fossie
Tough these Jimnys was created by Fossie
A few weeks ago , my missus mentioned that there was a horrible noise so bad that she searched for something being dragged underneath.
It reappeared a few times but never when I drove it . Once I heard summat that sounded like gears not meshing.
Christmas Eve she was going up to the stables but the noise returned , this time followed by a constant ticking sound. So she parked it up and walked .:S
Now I have thought for a while there has been a smell of hot oil when we get back from the stables, but the oil is fine both level and quality .
Today having time off in the daylight ,mission find out what the issue is .

Yep the fan cowling has become unattatched at the bottom and the noise was it being reshaped by the steering pump belt!:ohmy:
The following noise was the fan remodifing ( breaking bits off).
A bodge solved it for now .
It's has clearly been running hot , so I thought I'd better check the cooling system. :dry: now comes the embarrassment , the rad cap was gummed up as was the overflow channel and vent pipe. So how come it showed no signs or objections, or ill effects .

How easy is it to source a new fan and cowling.?
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2020 21:21 by Fossie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2020 21:45 #231219 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Tough these Jimnys
That's one gummed up radiator cap. May be worth a flush of the radiator to give it a clean.
Looks easy enough to get the parts.
ebay.us/C7awp1
Try eBay "breaking Jimny" and contact them to combine the parts you need. People on here also break the odd vehicle, so if in no rush put up a wanted request.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
26 Dec 2020 22:01 #231220 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Tough these Jimnys
Had a quick look and parts are readily available , but first I just need to check will a fan and cowling from others fit a GB13 engine from a soft time ?
Flushing will take place when the rad comes off to fit the new
How has the heater worked superfine.?

More
27 Dec 2020 11:15 #231225 by Roger Fairclough
Replied by Roger Fairclough on topic Tough these Jimnys
You need to remove the thermostat and flush the whole system with a hose. That mess indicates zero anti-freeze.

Roger

More
27 Dec 2020 12:14 #231229 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Tough these Jimnys
I have a cowling it's a little twisted

It's yours for the price of postage

Jack
Attachments:

More
27 Dec 2020 18:12 - 27 Dec 2020 18:13 #231244 by Fossie
Cheers there Jackonlyjack, I will message you an address though there is no rush for now , just let me know how much and how to reconpense you.

Re antifreeze this is the odd thing I checked it with a hydrometer a few months ago when I checked all the vehicles ready for winter and it was -30 , not a nice colour granted , I have had this vehicle for 18months of so , it gets serviced and bits done as needed as do all 3 of the Jimnys , and they are worked . What antifreeze should be in there ? I know Toyota need the red stuff as it reacts when mixed , is this the same in Suzukis?
Last edit: 27 Dec 2020 18:13 by Fossie.

More
16 Feb 2021 22:22 #232867 by Fossie
Got home from work this evening , in the porch is a large flat box .....ooooow.  Opening up reveals a rather nice fan shroud 
Thank very much Jack   , you are indeed a gent, how much was god postage at least matey ?

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds