BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny Manual Hubs

More
30 Nov 2020 15:53 #230529 by Joely978
Jimny Manual Hubs was created by Joely978
I bought these offbrand avm style hubs off ebay for my jimny and am looking to install them this weekend. The hubs did not come with the smaller style hub screws so I want to know whether i can just shorten the original screws and use them?

I also don't understand properly how the manual hubs work, when you turn them to 4x4 by mode are you supposed to be able to hear something changing?, do you need them installed on both sides to test?, basically I'm asking how exactly do they work, because i don't know much about this stuff

Thanks, any help is appreicated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2020 18:24 - 30 Nov 2020 18:25 #230531 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny Manual Hubs
They say a picture speaks a thousand words. Not a Jimny but enough to get the idea.

The original vacuum system and the manual system operation is much the same, on one the vacuum moves the locking ring, on the other the rotation of the hub dial moves the locking ring.
I assume you are going to disable the vacuum system by blocking the pipes etc.
Not you don't have to fit both to test, but it's easier if you do to see the results. With both locked and the front wheels off the ground when you turn one wheel by hand the other should rotate. With them disengage nothing will rotate.
You should not hear much with the manual system to tell you they are engaged, so just go by the dial position.
Can't help with the screw size sorry, still have my vacuum hubs fitted.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 30 Nov 2020 18:25 by Scimike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds