BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Jimny - first mods?

More
09 Nov 2020 12:12 #229862 by lookonimages

Groenewald wrote: Hi Lookonimages,

Thanks for the info! I love reading technical stuff.

Apart from the suspension benefits I am very impressed with the side by side photo of the shocks.

In terms of suspension/tyres this will be my first mod.

Where did you have them installed? I can either do it at Suzuki or get someone out that we have been using to service our vehicles.

Contact Rob at Desol. They have many contacts to do installs all over the country.

I had mine fitted by local 4x4 guy in Paarl.

Was like 4 hours to do everything but he had the tools and most importantly the vehicle lift to get under the Jimny.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Nov 2020 12:37 #229866 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny - first mods?

300bhpton wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

Groenewald wrote: Hi Guys,

I will hopefully be picking up my 2020 this afternoon.

It has the following: Towbar, Roof Rack.

What would be the best first mods from the ground up?

I am thinking about 32mm wheel spacers - does anyone have experience with these? It really looks like a good idea to give the car a bit of a bigger footprint.

Off set alloys or steelies will do the job nicely. And will not wear like the dreaded wheel spacers.

If the offset wheels give the same offset as the spacers, you will get exactly the same results. The bearings will not know the difference.

Apart from almost all available after market wheels are also wider than the standard 5.5j which alters how the load is applied to the hubs, its not just moving it further out like spacers do.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds