BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Gen3 heater

More
31 Oct 2020 21:02 #229596 by Roy
Gen3 heater was created by Roy
Hi all
A lovely old lady I know has just bought a Jimny(Gen3) it's not the best I've seen but hey she likes it, however the heater doesn't give out much heat, I've given it a good run up to temp but pretty crap heating(mine will burn your foot) it's maybe the thermostat stuck open or even NO stat in there, the price of a stat is £30 so don't want to spend her money unwisely can't see it being anything else, anyone had a similar problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2020 21:07 - 31 Oct 2020 21:08 #229597 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Gen3 heater
Check under the dash. The heater vanes are controlled by little levers that pop out of place when kicked. One lever each side of the heater unit near the floor to check

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 31 Oct 2020 21:08 by mlines.

More
01 Nov 2020 10:10 #229599 by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Re:Gen3 heater
Yep that's what it was on one of our Jimnys ...ready to flush though the matrix etc ....thought best check the little white actuator lever by the drivers foot and yeah the cable was unclipped from the holding clamp . Obviously happened before because there was an electric band that had perished on it .
Replaced that with an R pin , now we have a demister etc . Thanks to having read that on this forum , a five minute job was just that!

More
10 Nov 2020 18:58 #229910 by Roy
Replied by Roy on topic Re:Gen3 heater
Hi everything good in the footwell operating as it should, any thoughts.?

More
25 Nov 2020 21:39 #230402 by Roy
Replied by Roy on topic Re:Gen3 heater
Hi checked the linkage in the footwell, all good, pipe is hot going in to heater cooler coming out, heater matrix maybe?

More
26 Nov 2020 00:01 #230409 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Gen3 heater
Sounds like the heater matrix. You can tell if it s the thermostat, does the temperature gauge go up to normal after a few minutes? If it is stuck open the temperature gauge takes ages to go up.

One other thing, I took my heater controls off last winter to replace a bulb, I didn’t really think it would be possible to put them back in the wrong place and everything seemed to work fine until the first cold morning, then the heater was almost useless. For a couple of weeks the heater was turned up full, but not giving out much heat.

I took it apart again, set the mechanism to full and then the knob to full, put t back together and even on a cold morning the heater was back to about half way and it was very toasty.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds