BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Lobster dead?

More
27 Sep 2020 20:54 #228592 by Johnniehec
Lobster dead? was created by Johnniehec
Hi, purchased second hand a couple of years ago and fitted to Jimny at the start of this year. Believed to be a rock lobster of unidentifiable ratio, not Redacted , three trials and a couple of hours into a punch hunt today and terminal failure of low ratio, wasn’t even a significant bang. I thought SJ boxes were bomb proof. Question is is it salvageable or scrap? Cheers John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
28 Sep 2020 04:51 #228594 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Lobster dead?
If that's the only real damage then it should be salvageable. Guess it's a matter of if you can find a replacement for less than the cost of the repair?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Sep 2020 05:47 #228595 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Lobster dead?
It could be a simple selector " failure" the stick had come out of the slots in the selector rod.

However as 4:1 rock lobsters are often cut and shut from two sj gear sets, the weld may have failed which would be bad news

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds