BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Headlight Adjustment for 2000 Jimny 1.3L to drive on Right Side of Road

• IronCanuck
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Sep 2020 23:52 #228466 by IronCanuck
Hey everyone,

Just imported a 2000 Jimny wide (1.3L) for use as a primarily off road vehicle here in Canada. It is a Japanese import and is in good condition.

But I may have run into an unexpected problem, the headlights which may cause the scheduled inspection to fail. The mechanic I scheduled with told me that the current head lamps are likely set for Japanese roads where they drive on the left. Here in Canada we drive on the right side.

Do I need to purchase new headlights meant for right side road driving, or is there a way of adjusting the beams on this model with a switch or easy modification?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Sep 2020 03:29 - 23 Sep 2020 03:30 #228467 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. You can get masks in the uk for driving on the continent but they're temporary at best. I would suggest dropping Martin a message via the shop in the top banner, he should be able to get some new ones. Alternatively try looking on one of the euro ebay sites like .de for Germany and seeing if you can find them second hand.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 23 Sep 2020 03:30 by Lambert.

• IronCanuck
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Sep 2020 18:35 #228487 by IronCanuck
Hey, thanks for the reply. I messaged Martin, and have messaged some sellers on the euro ebay sites.

Let's hope I get some luck.

I would be happy with even some sort of insert and a new light I could put into the housing.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds