BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Clear Front Indicators

More
04 Sep 2020 12:46 #227712 by Jimny-Phil
Hi all... back with more question again!

First a big thank you to everyone that has been so helpful in the past... it’s most appreciated

I’m now looking to replace the front indicators with clear ones, to match in with the clear side repeaters that I’ve already replaced on my Gen 4

I’ve looked around at these and there appear to be more than one type / manufacturer

Some say “plug and play”, but then I’ve seen comments about them needing splicing into wiring and comments about them also being able to be wired to work as DRLs, as well as indicators... so I’m a little confused... also why do they need to work as DRLs, when there are already DRLs on the Jimny?

Does anyone have a link to some decent quality ones that are straightforward to fit (ie they actually are “plug and play”) and I can just remove the existing ones and plug the new ones in?.... or am I looking for something that isn’t available / doesn’t exist?

So, any useful comments and links would be most appreciated

Thanks

PJ

2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2020 13:00 - 04 Sep 2020 13:04 #227714 by lookonimages
Not all countries got DRL as standard. Only countries where is is legal requirement got DRL as standard accessory
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 13:04 by lookonimages.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Sep 2020 13:40 #227716 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Clear Front Indicators
I'm pretty sure Andy2640 fitted these, you could pm him. They've got nothing to do with DRLs though. DRL/Fog combination is on the lower grille, indicators are up high. Chris

More
04 Sep 2020 13:45 - 04 Sep 2020 13:46 #227718 by Roger Fairclough
The ones that Andy fitted have clear lenses but use coloured bulbs (or something like it) but I believe Andy had a problem with water getting in (or was that the side repeaters)!

Roger
Last edit: 04 Sep 2020 13:46 by Roger Fairclough.

More
04 Sep 2020 17:02 #227727 by Bill Portland

CC Baxter wrote: I'm pretty sure Andy2640 fitted these, you could pm him. They've got nothing to do with DRLs though. DRL/Fog combination is on the lower grille, indicators are up high. Chris

Those clear indicators have drls in too. The drl switches off in the side that the indicator is flashing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Sep 2020 19:01 #227732 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Re:Clear Front Indicators
Thanks Bill, I stand corrected. Chris

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds