BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Μ16 Intake manifold suggestion

• sealine150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Aug 2020 05:28 #227392 by sealine150
Μ16 Intake manifold suggestion was created by sealine150
Good morning! I have a Jimny 2009 with a M16 vvti engine from swift sport. I am looking to replace the m13 intake manifold firstly, and the to find a better throttle body.
I read that the swift sport manifold dont fit to jimny. is that true?
What do you suggest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2020 07:17 #227393 by Busta
This is the only alternative intake manifold I know of, but possibly a bit more involved than what you are looking for?
danstengineering.co.uk/Bike-Throttle-Bod...XR-38mm-STARTER-PACK

More
27 Aug 2020 10:25 #227396 by sniper
Jenvey do a "twin 45" inlet manifold for the M16A, it will suit their ITB's and Webbers... £200

RZ Crew do a single plenum intake 50 - 60 mm TB around £350 with import duties

I am contacting them to see if the TB mount can be reversed to enable a forward facing TB install to suit the Jimny.

The full Jenvey set up with ITB's and a standalone ECU will set you back around 3k.

sniper
Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2020 09:23 #227445 by minorsuzuki
Do you have a link for this? The only one I can find has much shorter runners.

sniper wrote: Jenvey do a "twin 45" inlet manifold for the M16A, it will suit their ITB's and Webbers... £200

RZ Crew do a single plenum intake 50 - 60 mm TB around £350 with import duties

I am contacting them to see if the TB mount can be reversed to enable a forward facing TB install to suit the Jimny.

The full Jenvey set up with ITB's and a standalone ECU will set you back around 3k.

sniper

Morris Minor Traveller with M16a Liana engine and Jimny gearbox.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
28 Aug 2020 18:16 #227468 by Riccy

Busta wrote: This is the only alternative intake manifold I know of, but possibly a bit more involved than what you are looking for?
danstengineering.co.uk/Bike-Throttle-Bod...XR-38mm-STARTER-PACK

Thats the kit I have. Its good, but probably a little too small for the M18 im running it on, ideal for the M13 its designed for. I think I was the first person who's bought one from them from their lack of knowledge about a Jimny, or maybe it was the M18 that threw them

Sniper's info is better and he's thought about it more than I did before buying it. With hindsight I would have spoken to Dave Marsh Racing a bit before jumping at it (they have a swift manifold adapted for their m16 in a Jimny I believe).

You can just see them hiding in there behind the airbox setup...

I had to completley replace the ECU to get them to run with all the other little bits on the engine and had to have it tuned properly. The ECU can now be read on the fly with a windows tablet, which has its uses for the co-pilot :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:

• sealine150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2020 06:47 #228019 by sealine150
Replied by sealine150 on topic Μ16 Intake manifold suggestion
Amazing job! i will try to plug in the M16 intake manifold from swift with any extra drilling. and then i will find a bigger body throttle.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds