BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

CTek charger - eyelet connectors

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jul 2020 07:05 #225677 by Lambert
This is very interesting and all incredibly clever but I can't help but think that rising complexity is proportionally linked to decreasing reliability and rising service costs. I'll stick with my gen3 that I can fix with a few hand tools and a multimeter instead of a laptop and a masters in coding.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2020 07:50 #225679 by Old Neil

Lambert wrote: This is very interesting and all incredibly clever but I can't help but think that rising complexity is proportionally linked to decreasing reliability and rising service costs. I'll stick with my gen3 that I can fix with a few hand tools and a multimeter instead of a laptop and a masters in coding.

Lambert,my sentiments exactly my series 1 picture of ignition key $10 to replace, no air bags, on this forum found out can advance ignition timing by different plug in resistor or even elongate holes on cam angle sensor holder
I'm indebted to the experience of people on this forum!!!

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
26 Jul 2020 08:01 #225680 by Roger Fairclough
I get into the Audi Q3 and turn the key to start. The computer will check various conditions and will start the engine when these conditions are acceptable. This will take from 0.5 - 3 seconds. To actually drive away requires - seat belts on, doors closed, wheel in straight ahead position ( or near enough ).

Yes, it's all about safety but it does get a bit tiresome.

Shortly after buying my Jimny a warning buzzer sounded and a flashing orange light appeared on the dash just as a squirrel ran across the road in front of me.Now I can switch this circuit off but I have to remember to do this for each trip.Yes it's for safety but it is still tiresome because this type of computer control makes for sloppy driving because people believe the modern car will do everything for them.

Roger

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jul 2020 08:55 #225683 by Lambert
It's all stepping closer to automated personal transport systems aka driverless cars. The futurist in me thinks this will be great but the ludite in me is quietly sobbing into my cider imagining the countless ways it's all going to end in tears.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Jul 2020 09:09 #225684 by mlines
The 2020 Jimny has a sensor/shunt fitted in the negative circuit of the battery. This feeds back Voltage/Current/Temperature information to the ECU that then controls the alternator charging via a LIN circuit. Nothing particularly clever such as "stop/start" etc in the Gen4. but probably would form the basis of a more sophisticated system in one of the other cars in the range (they re-use tech across the ranges)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter, Antman84

• Antman84
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2020 09:14 #225686 by Antman84
Replied by Antman84 on topic CTek charger - eyelet connectors
Thank you for that informative reply!!
Much appreciated.

More
26 Jul 2020 12:18 #225696 by RainerK
Thank you GR! I did not know this.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2020 13:54 #225698 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic CTek charger - eyelet connectors
Good grief, no wonder GeorgeC was having issues with solar charging.
Chris

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds