BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Replacement 4.3 diff, and axle?

More
16 Jul 2020 16:04 #225175 by Sheepish
My 09 Jimny (5sp M) is on ramps at the garage getting front drop links replaced and the bit of chassis one connects to welded back on! I'm advised the rear diff makes a horrible noise when the wheels are spun. I thought this was a wheel bearing going which is why it went to the garage in the first place but apparently this was not the cause of the noise, king pins are failing though.

So, does anyone have a tidy 4.3 rear diff they want to shift?

I've seen a complete 2011 axle on Ebay. Would this bolt on to a 2009? I think it will, but happy to be told something important changed.

Ta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2020 22:55 #225194 by kirkynut
I believe so if they both have ABS or both don't have ABS.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds