BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Extra jacking points for £15

More
06 Jul 2020 19:10 - 06 Jul 2020 19:12 #224606 by HUN
I was struggling to support and secure the car properly without having the front radius arms and beam axle installed. After a few minutes of head scratching, I've discovered that the adjustable tubes of my old axle stands (2t Halfords 40mm OD) perfectly fit into the holes of the cross member! :woohoo: Those two jacking points can hold the car no problem but I thing it's better to support the front as well because the chassiss flexes a bit! :huh:

I'm thinking to weld them to the chassiss permanently hence quickly bought a new replacement for £15! Cheaper than mild steel tubes! B)

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 19:12 by HUN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2020 19:35 - 06 Jul 2020 19:38 #224607 by HUN
Replied by HUN on topic Extra jacking points for £15
I should not have tried to put the entire assembly on stands alone. I would not be supprised if I discovered some brown patches on my underpants later! :laugh: Heavy stuff! At least it's ready to work on tomorrow! :evil:

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Jul 2020 19:38 by HUN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds