BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny stutter

More
28 Jun 2020 16:57 #224164 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Jimny stutter
Should in theory record a DTC code if failed, but resistance check between pin 1 and 3 - 4 to 6kohm. Between pin 2 and 3 variable between 0.02 - 6kohm. This is according to my manual, doubt it's changed much over the years.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Kreidler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kreidler
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2020 17:27 #224168 by Kreidler
Replied by Kreidler on topic Jimny stutter
When reading fault codes I get a code 12, so that's good.

On 1-3 I measure 0,468 - 2,685
On 2-3 3,199 - 0,969 all in k ohm

These values are quite different than you describe, can anyone confirm?

More
28 Jun 2020 17:43 #224171 by Scimike
Ok I will try and confirm what vehicle my manual is referencing. It's a collection of pdf files so it can be hard to pinpoint a model reference, I use it a a guide rather than a definite source.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
28 Jun 2020 18:05 #224172 by Scimike
Ok it is for:-
SN413
JSAFJA43V001 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V001 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V201 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V241 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V341 4XXXX
Outside of these chassis numbers it's not the correct manual, so confirmation may be the best route just incase they changed the device.

1 to 3 is the resistor and is not variable, so the reading should not change, irrespective of the value. It could be your test leads are not making a good enough connection. 2 to 3 is the variable value and will change with TPS position.

Still not suggesting your problem is the TPS.

• Kreidler
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Jun 2020 18:34 #224180 by Kreidler
I took the whole thing off and measured again, it seems like the resistor is connected to 1 and 2 where I measure 3.3k ohm and between 1 + 3 and 2 + 3 a variable between 0 and 3.3. I think it's safe to say the tps is okay since 3.3k is a pretty standard potmeter

More
30 Jun 2020 08:17 #224278 by bryn
Replied by bryn on topic Jimny stutter
I had something very similar happen to me and replacing the leads/coils cured the problem.
bryn

• Kreidler
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2020 11:28 #224987 by Kreidler
Small update, a friend of mine told me it might be the temperature sensor. I have the sensor unplugged now and the check engine light stays on but the stutter is gone! The sensor wasnt on stock anywhere so i ordered it. Will keep you updated.

• Kreidler
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2020 06:28 #228580 by Kreidler
Problem solved! A new Denso lambda sensor solved it.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds