BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

TPS help

More
25 Jun 2020 22:34 #224003 by Old Neil
TPS help was created by Old Neil
I have a G13BB in my jimny, what is the voltage parameters from idol to full throttle
Thanks, Neil

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2020 14:58 #224144 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:TPS help
Looks like i was barking up the wrong tree, tested TPS a number of times, hot, cold when motor was running rough, always tested. 37v at idle to 3.70v at full open throttle but haven't been able to find out if that is in speck, had manual on computer but that died, couldn't find anything on Google

More
28 Jun 2020 17:13 - 28 Jun 2020 17:14 #224167 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Re:TPS help
Just posted this in relation to a different question. No voltage given as it should in theory record a DTC code if failed. However they do have a resistance check between pin 1 and 3 - 4 to 6kohm. Between pin 2 and 3 variable between 0.02 - 6kohm. This is according to my manual, doubt it's changed much over the years
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 28 Jun 2020 17:14 by Scimike.

More
28 Jun 2020 18:08 #224173 by Scimike
It's possible they did change over the years, so the above information was via a manual for the following chassis numbers.
SN413
JSAFJA43V001 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V001 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V201 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V241 4XXXX
JSAFJB43V341 4XXXX
Outside of these chassis numbers it's not the correct manual, so confirmation may be the best route just incase they changed the device.

1 to 3 is the resistor and is not variable, so the reading should not change, irrespective of the value. It could be your test leads are not making a good enough connection. 2 to 3 is the variable value and will change with TPS position.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
28 Jun 2020 22:19 #224205 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:TPS help
Oops YouTube shows different way to test TPS, looking like i have to retest, thanks

More
28 Jun 2020 22:25 #224206 by Scimike
I believe you can measure the voltage as well, I remember seeing this but can't find details at the moment. I will have another look tomorrow, but you can check the TPS as a stand alone device by it's resistance.
Mike

The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

More
29 Jun 2020 07:11 #224216 by Scimike
I found the information but it appears to be a voltage that can be seen via the scan tool, not measured with a multimeter, so no terminal reference is given. But here it is anyway:-
Ignition on, engine stopped
- Throttle closed 0.2v Max.
- Throttle Fully open less than 4.8v
So not sure if this applies to you vehicle or is any help, but it's a voltage figure.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Neil

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds