BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Headlight mounting bracket

• SimonW7
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2020 03:49 #223969 by SimonW7
Headlight mounting bracket was created by SimonW7
Hi - just got a 2010 Jimny, first time owning one and very glad to find this forum and all the helpful information available. On washing it last weekend I noticed the near side headlight was wobbly, and found that there is a plastic bracket on top of the headlight which has sheared (attached pic), have searched web to best of my ability to find a replacement but with no joy, does anyone know where this could be purchased or if it is a DIY repair needed? Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jun 2020 05:15 #223970 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Headlight mounting bracket
Welcome to the forum. That tab is part of the actual headlight so it's a matter of either trying to glue it or looking for a replacement headlight.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• SimonW7
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2020 06:56 #223972 by SimonW7
Replied by SimonW7 on topic Headlight mounting bracket
Great thanks for the quick reply and the helpful information, think I’ll get gluing for now...

More
25 Jun 2020 08:12 #223973 by Reason2doubt
When I had my original headlights installed I had to ship them to the garage (long story). It appears that they bumped them/dropped them and snapped off the plastic tab on my left headlight however the garage itself just glued it on and it was in-place and not wobbling around for quite a while until I recently took them off again. Should work well with a bit of glue or even better some 2-part epoxy? I Think Gorilla sell one for about £5? I can imagine that would be pretty sturdy.

• SimonW7
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2020 09:39 #223979 by SimonW7
Replied by SimonW7 on topic Headlight mounting bracket
Good to know it can be an effective fix , thanks! Will be choosing my glue with care, only want to do this once

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds