BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny no spark or fuel

• Babyfighter1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2020 00:18 #223295 by Babyfighter1
Jimny no spark or fuel was created by Babyfighter1
Hi all, at a bit of a loss with my jimny. Just replaced the head gasket and now I have no spark and no fuel. I can't hear the lift pump when turning the key. On cranking the rev gauge does not move. From what I've read online most people point towards an immobiliser fault but I'm not getting a padlock on the dash and as far as I can see mine isn't fitted with a crank position sensor. Truckette is a t reg fitted with a g13bb engine, anyone got any ideas or could drop some knowledge on me? Much appreciated, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
  • Away
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
06 Jun 2020 09:10 #223302 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Jimny no spark or fuel
Welcome to the forum. The first and most obvious suggestion would be to check and double check the engine wiring harness is fully plugged in and correct even as far as unplugging everything in sequence and methodically reconnecting and also ensuring nothing is trapped or pinched.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Owl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2020 11:54 #223309 by Owl
Replied by Owl on topic Jimny no spark or fuel
Just recently did my G13BB head gasket, I can only offer the checks I would do.

Timing marks on crank and cam are lined up properly with the timing belt on?
Spray contact cleaner on all the sensor connectors and let dry and plug back in.
Make sure cam sensor connector is clean and connected properly
From there its a matter of checking wiring carefully, check 5V rail is there for the sensors
Might be good to check ECM connection is clean and has good contact to the wires.
Clean up the earth points make sure good connection
Vacuum hoses in good nick and all connected.

Not sure , if the camshaft sensor fails does that shut down the fuel and spark at ECM? I know its different from a crank angle sensor which will often do that but not sure with these engines.

• Babyfighter1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2020 14:33 #223313 by Babyfighter1
Replied by Babyfighter1 on topic Jimny no spark or fuel
I went through everything obvious, cleaned and rechecked every connection, when I'm next in the workshop I'll check continuity across the plugs. 3 earths (on starter, stat housing and bulkhead) have been cleaned and remade, timing is spot on, only thing I could see is the lambda sensor cable is a little strained but not excessively.
The smaller of the 2 vac hoses broke off of the air resiviour and is on my to do list but surely that won't shut it down??
With the rev gauge reading nothing on cranking is it pointing towards cam sensor or ecm?

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds