BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Cabin fuse box location on a 2016 Jimny

More
02 Jun 2020 15:36 #223148 by Velocette
Perhaps its the heat but I cannot find the cabin fuse box !!!!! All the manual says is that's to the right of the steering wheel,under the dash. The pictures show a protruding box like thing,,,but not on mine it isn't. Any ideas please ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2020 16:27 #223150 by Scimike
It's should be right of the steering wheel, under the dash (UK model). BUT you need to stick your head in the foot well and look more towards the dash side, a causal look will miss it, it's tucked high. It's a green plastic box about 4 X3 inch.
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
02 Jun 2020 16:34 #223152 by Scimike
Here is a bad picture of mine, very difficult to even photography. It's near the bonnet release.

Mine has extra red cable entering for accessories.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:

More
02 Jun 2020 19:10 #223164 by Velocette
Thanks for that,,,I'll have a crawl about tomorrow. My reason for finding it is that according to my owners manual fuse 10 in there is the one for the dreaded TPMS system which due to a wheel change is constantly lit. Before I fit a set of new sensors I'd rather find an easy way to disable the light before MOT time.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
02 Jun 2020 19:41 #223168 by Lambert
It shouldn't be the end of the world for a responsible person with a suitable gizmo to reset it, I'm surprised the tyre fitting service didn't do it at the time?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
02 Jun 2020 20:39 #223172 by mlines
I got such a gizmo in the post today, video will follow hopefully soon.

However, the system does have an automatic relearn function. Park up, switched off for at least 20 minutes. Drive off steadily, avoiding stopping for a minimum of 10 minutes, it should relearn. However, mine took close to 90 minutes to reset.

Having played with the gizmo I can see why it takes forever to reset. The sensors are really hard to access, I think the alloy wheels block the signals. I have tried the gizmo on the rest of my fleet and the landrover sensors can be read from "near" the car. On both Suzuki's it fails to read reliably with the gizmo jammed against the valve.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
02 Jun 2020 21:25 #223175 by Velocette
Sorry,,I wasn't quite clear about the situation. I removed the steel wheels which had the sensors fitted and replaced them with non-sensor 2006 type. I do have a set of new sensors for fitting when I eventually get these wheels powder coated. I just wanted a short term solution,,,,or even a slightly longer one if I don't get round to painting the wheels before the next MOT !

More
02 Jun 2020 21:44 #223177 by mlines
I think if you pull the tpms fuse you will get a different error stating the tpms has failed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds