BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

'05 Jimny Key fob problem

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2020 11:40 - 28 May 2020 14:59 #222923 by TillymintDLG
'05 Jimny Key fob problem was created by TillymintDLG
Hi Guys. Am having probs with 'unlock' button on my '05 Jimny fob...
Have replaced the battery and cleaned everything and had a look through a loupe at the circuit board for any cracks or dry joints....
It's now got to the stage where I have to use the key in the lock to get it open! But, as I said, the 'Lock' button is fine? None of the cheap boards on ebay look anything like mine...

Gaz
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 May 2020 14:59 by TillymintDLG. Reason: Forgot a photo...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2020 15:45 #222935 by me101
Replied by me101 on topic '05 Jimny Key fob problem
Seems to be a common problem and always the unlock button. Got exactly the same unfortunately, and as you said, all looks good when apart, and you can hear the button clicking. I want to go to Suzuki, but afraid of the number they will throw at me!

2007 Little Jim with cheap mods!
www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBDekO99Qk2aOmBmSmrI9w
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2020 17:49 #222942 by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic '05 Jimny Key fob problem
Thanks for the reply & info 101 and, totally agree especially with your last sentence !
Gaz

More
28 May 2020 17:51 #222944 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic '05 Jimny Key fob problem
Mine started to go the same, but soaking the buttons in contact cleaner and working them for a few minutes (battery out) worked for me. It took a few goes, each time getting better with an overnight dry out. The buttons don't appear to be totally sealed, if you work them in a puddle of cleaner it eventually gets in, but then takes longer to dry. I found a quick spray of cleaner did nothing.
May be hope for another clean if you just gave them a quick spray?
Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 May 2020 22:33 #222959 by TillymintDLG
Cheers for that and you are correct, I've just been giving a drop of cleaner and then wiping it off, I will do it right now and leave it overnight Mike!
Gaz

More
28 May 2020 22:40 - 28 May 2020 22:41 #222961 by Scimike
Hi Gaz,
Hope it works for you as it did for me. Don't forget to press the buttons a good few times to work the cleaner in. Nothing to loose, next step is replacement switches.
It took 3 cleans to get mine working, each time they worked a little longer before they went intermittent, but since last clean it's worked perfectly for over 8 months.
Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 28 May 2020 22:41 by Scimike.

• TillymintDLG
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 May 2020 09:41 #222976 by TillymintDLG
Hi Mike, it Works !! Put the contact cl on the button with a Q tip, let it soak and then worked the button with a small Philips and you can feel the button clicks getting stronger! Did this 4 times and Really pleased ! I know it's not a big problem but it is annoying...
Cheers for that!
Gaz

More
29 May 2020 16:39 #222989 by Scimike
Hi Gaz,
That's cool, thanks for the feedback.
If it goes daft again just repeat, it eventually will work without problem for a sustained period of time.
Mike

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds