BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny Gen 3 RTT

• Nikiforov
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2020 11:44 #222730 by Nikiforov
Jimny Gen 3 RTT was created by Nikiforov
Hi, this is my first post here and I'm looking for some information on feasibility of putting a roof top tent on a Gen3 Jimny (on the standard rack bars).

Does anyone have any experience running a 65kg tent or had a heavy roof rack there on corrugated/bad roads for a few years? How did the standard roof rack bars cope with the loads?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2020 11:50 #222731 by jackonlyjack

More
23 May 2020 11:54 #222733 by jackonlyjack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikiforov

• Nikiforov
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2020 12:02 #222735 by Nikiforov
Replied by Nikiforov on topic Jimny Gen 3 RTT
Thanks. Yes, I have seen this one. My idea is to try and keep the roof a light as possible. That roof rack itself is about 20kg, so that would total about 85kg on the roof. At the moment, I am driving a LC100 with a bigger RTT (around 82kg) and even that 3t truck feels that weight on the roof.

But I guess that answers my question :) I'll try to search around and maybe some company sells reinforced load bars, so I can replace the standard ones. Since people are putting the tent on roof racks, the mounting points are probably robust enough.

More
23 May 2020 15:01 #222741 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Jimny Gen 3 RTT
There are lighter roof racks also, e.g., from Horntools and I think that someone made BMW 3 Thule roof racks fit.

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds