BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gen.4 Jacking Advice

• DAGZOOK
  • DAGZOOK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    Registered
  • First Time ZOOK owner!
More
05 May 2020 17:01 - 05 May 2020 17:06 #221918 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic Gen.4 Jacking Advice
Hi all! just an update as my new toy arrived in the post today. In the midst of all this lock down malarky, I've been like a little kid waiting in anticipation. Little kicks and this forum has really helped me at the moment, as the daily essential work grind has been tough.

I bought a Sealey 3040AG rocket lift jack for the Jim, it's an absolute weapon! It makes my old jack look like a kids toy. Trialled on the car this afternoon it's exceeded my expectations. It's quite large and very heavy, the 3 tonne capacity is a bit OTT but the wide footprint and mahoosive rubber jacking pad create a REALLY stable lifting platform. The wheels are also polyurethane so they grip the concrete slab well and don't slide/feel skittish like the little steel casters. Within 5-6 full pumps the car was fully extended! The maximum jacking height is 533mm, enough to fully utilise my two axle stands. Really solid investment, it's low enough profile to also be used on my sports car with no hassle. No more struggling!

I trialed the jack utilising the Centre jack point on the front axle (IAW the ZOOK manual) - the lift up was smooth, and the release down was very controlled and linear due to the build in mini CV joint, a very important factor if you ask me. I hope this thread will help other off road newbies like me choose the right tool for the job.

Thanks all very much for helping me choose my first big boy 4X4 trolley jack. Hopefully it'll be the last one I buy :woohoo: B) :laugh:

Last edit: 05 May 2020 17:06 by DAGZOOK.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland, Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds