BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Tranfer box

More
16 Apr 2020 23:51 #221147 by 1390_taz
Tranfer box was created by 1390_taz
Hi folks.
This has been asked before. So please go easy on me
I have just ordered some locking hubs to do away with the vacum hubs for my 2006 jimny, and hopefully to change the transfer box

So on to my question WHAT transfer box can I fit
As we all know 2006 jimny has the electronic transfer box. All I want to know IS what manual operated transfer box can I fit to replace electronic box

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
17 Apr 2020 05:32 #221150 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Tranfer box
They are all going to be 1.3:1s instead of 1:1 which means that you will be massively under geared if everything else remains standard. It does mean that you could have 35 inch tyres if you want or you can run out of revs at 60 mph. To bring it back into line you can start altering the diff ratios or reverting to the older main gearbox but it is all an increase in time and effort. Alternatively you can stick with the push button. It all depends on what you want from the car.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds