BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Blue tooth hands free Suggestions

More
07 Apr 2020 19:24 #220788 by bryn
My 2011 Jimny needs a bluetooth hands free fitting for answering/making calls. I would prefer hard wired but am open to suggestions and I would be happy to fit it.

Appreciate and thanks
bryn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Apr 2020 04:07 #220797 by Lambert
I have bluetooth calling as an integrated feature of my replacement Sony head unit. It's not bad at my end but occasionally the line is reported as being low quality by those l am ringing. As for a standalone device halfords might be worth a look if you can wait for lockdown to be over.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
08 Apr 2020 09:13 #220807 by bryn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnyone used one of these

More
08 Apr 2020 15:12 #220814 by maverick
I just use Ear Buds on my SmartPhone, the earbuds work at the same time giving me Sat Nav instructions and also listening to BBC Sounds App.

Jalapeño, IISY?

More
09 Apr 2020 07:47 #220835 by yakuza
Modern phones built in handsfree mode is sometimes good enough if you have a dashboard mount. you will need to speak out loud if you drive at speed though.
Also to replace the head unit and speakers if you haven't already to something that can be used for this and play music.

A few years back the Parrot hands free system got good reviews.

Placement of a good quality external microphone will improve all of the above. Tell me if you find one that is good, I tried a couple cheap ones but not very pleased yet.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
09 Apr 2020 12:48 #220854 by DrRobin
I fitted an Android head unit to my Jimny, an Xtrons double DIN with curved corners, the Bluetooth hands free is very good and I have also loaded 'Here' sat nav with offline maps.

I did go a bit mad and added DAB, front and rear cameras, Tyre pressure monitoring, iPhone link and inbuilt music player, OBD interface (all sorts of gauges). There is plenty to play with whilst stuck in a traffic jam, not that it is a problem at the moment.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

More
11 Apr 2020 06:15 #220915 by kirkynut
Are you relying on the inbuilt microphone or have you added an external one. There's a small jack plug socket on the back for an external one and and they're cheap enough.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
11 Apr 2020 06:35 #220917 by yakuza

kirkynut wrote: Are you relying on the inbuilt microphone or have you added an external one. There's a small jack plug socket on the back for an external one and and they're cheap enough.

Kirkynut

I tried several cheap ones, will not by more.. Last one supposed to be Kenwood and supposed to be good is the best one, but my wife and mates complain. stuck it up by the sun visor hinge.on top of the A-pillar.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Apr 2020 22:27 #220971 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Blue tooth hands free Suggestions
My pioneer one works well, I have mounted it on top of the steering column

More
11 Apr 2020 23:06 #220972 by yakuza
Thanks Daniel, I will try to put it there :)

More
13 Apr 2020 15:26 #221038 by bryn

More
13 Apr 2020 18:05 #221041 by yakuza
They work ok as i have heard. Friend of mine had one, just fine.
Even though the yatuor is probably less work and a lot less money I still would change the whole unit. I bought a used car stereo instead. (Norway, not stolen)
ebay frame for the dash, iso-din adapter for the unit, all new speakers.
OK it was not not cheap but i like music..
I am not sure if the speakers or the clarion is the worst in the Jimny system.
Also got a 2007 swift in the family and the original speakers in the Swift are awesome so a bit strange that the Jimny ones are so completely awful.
In the swift i just changed the head unit and wow!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds